The Trades House of Glasgow was created at the time of reform of Glasgow's local government in 1605. At that time the electorate was basically divided into two groups, the Merchants and the Craftsmen. The Craft Incorporations or Guilds comprised the trades Rank of Burgesses under the leadership of the Deacon Convener, who was given a council. Today The Trades House still meets in the Trades Hall in Glassford Street, which, apart from the mediaeval cathedral, is the oldest building in Glasgow still used for its original purpose.
Our Vision is for Scotland to be a place where all young people are given the opportunity to have a rewarding future in work and life - no matter where they start their journey.
Our Mission is to inspire and equip young people, irrespective of their background, to learn, develop and reach their full potential through enterprise education.
In everything that we do, we will work with the following values: Integrity, Enthusiasm, Creativity & Collaboration.
Young Enterprise Scotland
Rouken Glen Centre
Rouken Glen Park